The South Pasadena Chinese American Club
is thrilled to announce a newly revised
SPUSD GRANT PROGRAM
SPCC WILL BE GIVING OUT
$15,000 WORTH OF GRANT DOLLARS
Grants worth up to a maximum of $2,000 will be awards to principals, teachers, staff, PTA, Boosters, SPEF and any other school-affiliated groups/clubs. There is NOT a set amount per school or group and thus we welcome multiple applications from any one school – all requests will be given equal consideration regardless.
- Applications are OPEN from August 16th to October 20th, 2017
- Applications will be filled out online – please check back on this webpage on August 16th.
- Awardees will be notified on November 3rd, 2017
- ALL AWARDEES MUST ATTEND THE AWARDS CEREMONY
- Awards Ceremony will be on November 16th, 2017 where checks will be presented
SPCC is a proud sponsor of SPUSD and provides grants every year to SPEF, to the elementary Math Field Day, the Summer Reading Program, and to teachers/staff and students clubs all around South Pasadena. We are thrilled to be partnering with you to bring even more grant money to our schools and our students.
Nancy Chen, SPCC Grants Chair
Joe Loo, SPCC President
Yuki Cutcheon, SPCC Vice President
The intent of the South Pasadena Chinese Club (SPCC) grant system is to fund projects that contain educational and cultural content. The decision rests with the SPCC Grant Committee insofar as acceptance or denial of the project is concerned.
SPCC’s mission includes contributing to our local schools, promoting cultural awareness and reaching out to the community at large. SPCC is not liable for funding after the period specified in the proposal. The Grant Committee may choose to fund part or the entire proposed project.
Criteria and evaluation
The following criteria will be used to evaluate whether a project will be funded. It is not necessary to meet all three criteria; however projects which meet all criteria will be considered most relevant for funding pursuant to SPCC’s mission.
- How will the project provide a service to the community?
- How will the project enhance educational programs and benefit students?
- How will the project highlight Chinese culture and language?
Who can submit
- Persons affiliated with a local nonprofit organization
- Members of the South Pasadena School District
- Members of the South Pasadena Public Library
How are grants funded
After approval of the project by the Grant Committee, invoices or expense vouchers should be submitted to SPCC for disbursement of funds. For school grants, SPCC will disburse funds to the appropriate party at SPCC’s discretion (individual staff member, organization, principal, the District).
All proposals will be submitted online – please check back on this webpage on August 16th. Proposals will be reviewed by the SPCC Grant Committee.