Established in 1989, the South Pasadena Chinese-American Club (SPCC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides valuable services to our local community, schools and libraries. We believe in making our community an even better place to live by contributing to our local schools, promoting cultural awareness and reaching out to the community at large.
Year after year, the South Pasadena Chinese-American Club is one of the most active organizations in our community. Just within the last few years, we received two prestigious awards – the South Pasadena Image Award, an annual award given to organizations, businesses, or individuals who promote a positive image of the City beyond its borders and the South Pasadena Rotary’s Service Above Self Award.
The list below gives you a sampling of the many contributions that the South Pasadena Chinese-American Club is making:
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
SPCC awards scholarships and grants each year to South Pasadena schools and students.
SPCC organizes and supports the learning and teaching of the Chinese language, culture and arts at events such as:
- Moon Festival – Chinese food, arts and crafts, music and entertainment
- Chinese New Year celebration meal for 100+ seniors and traditional food baskets for City and schools
- Translation services for schools, PTAs, Police and Fire Departments, and the City
SPCC has co-sponsored and participated in many activities, such as:
- South Pasadena Public Library – Summer Reading Program, Author Nights, Film Series
- Major donor to South Pasadena Educational Foundation’s Parti Gras, South Pasadena Elementary School Fun Fair, Huntington Library’s Chinese Garden
- Union Station Foundation – providing and serving dinner every month for the Adopt-A-Meal Program
- July 4th Festival of Balloons Food Booth
Please help make our organization successful as we continue to enrich South Pasadena through our programs. Become a member today.